OPEN STREETS is on THIS SUNDAY 10am-4pm. Although the weather is not great, it’s happening, the show will go on! Remember Daylight saving starts this Sunday.
Parts of the Central City Streets closed to motorised vehicles and open to walking, biking, & skating. Check Open Streets link. http://www.futurechristchurch.co.nz/ever-evolving/open-streets-sept-2013
Deck out your person, bike and helmet out with spring flowers and join in with the Bike Parade. Frockstars, joined by the Tweed Riders, start assembling at Victoria Square at 11am for a 11.30am take off, led out by the extraordinary Bicycle Band. Give Connie a bell at 021 027 79250 if you want to take part…or just turn up on the day. One of our gentleman Frockers has just returned from a bike show in the USA and brought back fabulous Band Box Helmets, they are the helmets that don’t look like helmet! Watch out for the Velo-ideale stand on Sunday where they will be on display (also be available to buy). Other stuff happening?
• My old friends, the ICEcycles bike mechanics will be there fixing up those flatties, dealing those phantom squeaky chains and gear graunches . All free!
• Check out experimental cycling infrastructure. Tell CCC Staff what you think and go in a prize draw for a Topeak Joe Blow floor pump.
• Check out the bus and have a go at using the bus bike rack. Discover just how close you need to ride to the bus in order to be seen by the driver. Remeber you won’t be doored by a bus!
• Have a go at pavement games and urban orientation at the Living Streets stand. Oodles of neat spot prizes for participants!
• SCAPE is opening the Powerslide http://www.scapebiennial.org.nz/powerslide and
Tree Houses for Swamp dwellers http://www.scapebiennial.org.nz/tree-houses-for-swamp-dwellers
• DOC & Greening the Rubble opens the Nature Play Park, too http://greeningtherubble.org.nz/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Nature-play-park-conceptGtR.jpg …and lots more
See you there!
If links have dropped off, they are in the attachment. Thanks to all who reminded me to send PDFs 😉